12/29/2018

Standard
I spent the day clearing a path in the garage for a new washing machine and to fix the dryer with a new belt. Major moving stuff and throwing things out, mostly scrap wood under the band saw. Quite the chore. I still need to replace the dryer belt and install the new washer. I’m hoping the dryer belt in the gas dryer I bought will fit into the electric one I have, Else I’ll just get a new belt on Monday in SR.
I also worked on the bass uke today, I installed a notched stick to hold the inner back rib down with my hand inside through the sound hole. Then I got out the angle tipped brass tube I use to inject glue into the ribs and used a syringe to inject the carpenters wood glue. It went in heavy, so I used a paper towel rubber band and stick to clear most of it, then went in with my hand and towel to clean it up. It’s deep inside so it won’t be noticed, but it should now be a strong connection with a large glue fillet. I blasted the outside with the air compressor and lightly sanded a couple places before that. I put on another coat of lacquer, There are a couple thick lines on the top to sand out, but it looks good. I could spend another month on the finish or call it good enough soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s