I made a batch of Tarragon Chicken Casserole today for a potluck this Wednesday. Cathy gave me a fat package of chicken tenders, a few pounds, guessing ten pieces. I stripped out the tendons and chopped them into two cups of bite size pieces. I remember when I worked for the fish and chips place on Sunset Blvd, the Chinese owner cooked us meals. He showed me to cut carrots by switching the angle each cut. “It looks interesting and they don’t roll away”. It works.
Two large stalks celery chopped, four good size carrots peeled sliced. two cloves of garlic chopped fine, two Tbsp olive oil, one and a half onions, four fat mushrooms sliced, two Tbsp fresh tarragon chopped. 3/4 cup white wine. one tsp ‘Better than Bullion chicken’,  two or three Tbsp flour and water slurry to thicken, a cup sour cream, a cup Panko bread crumbs toasted, a cup grated Mozzarella cheese, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese. one pound flat wide egg noodles prepared al dente.
Cook the mushrooms in oil then onions. add chicken and brown. Garlic, tarragon, veggies, wine, Simmer until the carrots are firmly done in the veggie broth. Add ‘better than chicken bullion’ to taste, Thicken the broth with flour and water.
Meanwhile, boil two quarts water with tsp salt, add noodles cooked to al dente. strain and rinse.
Combine the sauce with sour cream, add noodles, mix and pour into a casserole pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan and toasted Panko. Bake at 450 F for 15 or twenty minutes to melt the cheese.
A new recipe. Should be tasty. I hope the sour cream doesn’t curdle when reheated. Flour should help.
I also worked on the the second bass, I guess I’ll call it B2. Yesterday I carved out the neck. Wayne thought it might be walnut. It’s a bit red, who knows, but it’s good wood. I formed it with the drill sander, lapidary, spoke shave and sand paper to smooth. It’s low profile like the Kamaka my Uncle gave me. I cut some bone for the S2 nut and fitted it.
Today I cut the bottom sides to flush and a piece of mahogany to size rounded, glued them together, clamped. I measured the neck Spanish heel width and trimmed the sides 7/8″ to match. I cut a piece of Jakoba wood to make a fret board on the table saw, then sanded it flat using the surfacer. It’s a really hard wood, but similar in color to mahogany.
Another productive day.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s