1/6/2018

Standard
Friend Tom’s tablet front panel came in today. I had some trouble figuring out where the back cover came off and dinged it a bit, but I got it and have replaced the screen. everything works fine.
I also worked on a soprano ukulele the same size as the Kamaka my Uncle Bob gave me. I cut the sides gap a little wider than I should have, I’ll need to make up for it with the lower neck width button in the back. I could just move the sides in a little, less wide at the upper bout, easiest fix.
So I also bent one of the liners using the hot lamp, it fits well to be glued. And glued up a flat mahogany piece for the back.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I put some more shellac on the bass ukulele, especially the front as that needs the most work. It’s a slow process, sanding in between coats, but it’s getting there. I want it to be right.
More tomorrow and a trip to the boat Frolic as I have a birthday party to attend at the yacht club under the GG bridge.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s