11/6/2016

Standard
I did a little work on my ukulele fret board today, filling in the piece that broke out with a new piece of rosewood. Tricky as the replacement part broke, I glued it all together with super glue and wood glue for the little piece, then more superglue to fill after sanding some dust in. It’ll be fine.
I visited my friends Joe and Cat, pulled some weeds, found some wood, skipped the boat, good time.
I made a batch of butternut squash soup when I got home, dairy free as Alan is lactose intolerant. I used chicken broth so it’s not vegan. I think I’ll take the batch to work for Tuesday potluck lunch.
I also checked out the string action on the bass with a piece of cotton string. The bone nut is really close once I file in the string slots, it needs a shim. I found some nice thin walnut stock at the door store near Joe’s place and have cut a piece to fit. I’ll need to glue it, maybe with pins to hold it in place. The minor details continue.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s