3/12/2016

Standard

Another fine day. I headed to town late as I slept in. Coffee at Bucky’s and Safeway stuff. The Dollar Tree has 9 volt batteries for pocket amps. It’s raining a lot with flood warnings. I stop at Shelton’s for O veggies and more bulk sugar for marmalade. Home.

I cook up a batch of chicken veggie soup, this ones great too. I have a bagget, sliced up thin, dipped in olive oil on a plate, in the baking pan, salt, garlic powder, dry basil and chopped fresh rosemary, in the oven at 350 F until crisp. These are so good to munch or put in soup, tomato bruschetta would do too.

I glued down the back panel inlays with super glue and hickory sawdust outside, inside and to join the two layers of rattan. The electronics compartment has plastic wrap to release it.

Raven arrived, letters from the govie with money in them for her, more Valley fire cash, cool. She has a new place now in Santa Rosa. We dug around in the garage to find my old electronics box as I need a good switch. Score, I have more parts than I remember, but the really good switches are there, as well as a bridge rectifier I will need for the big amp I’m working on. I find the right hardware to secure the switch.

The rain’s let up, we walk to the river in boots to check it out. It’s still ten feet below the bank, great, but a lot of water is flowing all the way across. As it’s starting to rain again I pop open the umbrella and we cut through the vineyard home.

Raven is doing research on the computer as I head for the garage. Clamping the guitar down with a pair of sweatpants to cushion it, I use the belt sander to grind down the inlays until flush and smooth with the back. As it is, the hollows make a great percussion instrument on the back with several different tones.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I hand drilled a hole to remove the electrics panel but missed wood, it came out alright. I carved a new piece on the band saw and sander to glue inside to fit. The rattan didn’t all stick in the E pocket, I hand glued it in. I had to sand the E cover to fit the expanded purfling. It fits now. I gathered all the electronics, cut a piece of cardboard to fit the cavity, sketched the layout arc and installed to parts into the cardboard. I looked up the schematic on the web.

Circuitgit

I’ve wired parts in place on the cardboard, still need to solder things down. I still need to drill the holes in the guitar face, small from inside using the pattern, then larger to size from the outside to hopefully prevent grain blowouts. The washers and nuts should help cover. I may need to re router it to reduce the thickness, we’ll see.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A switch to choose which pickup, tone, volume, and output jack. A simple circuit should be good. I’ll use the black pick up wire to solder the pot backs as a ground connection. I’ll need to drill in the bridge ground to connect the strings to ground. That may be tricky. or clean, we’ll see. The bridge is next, we’re close.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s