1/23/2016

Standard
I did a little bit on the guitar. I sketched out the pick guard plastic on the paper covering, though I still need to trace the fret board and transfer it to the sketch. I should probably transfer it all to tracing paper and fit it before I even cut out the plastic, including the pickups after routing. I tested the router pattern on 2×4 stock for the upper humbuckers, it works with a chisel to square the corners. I need to move it up a little from the center to allow for the new bridge pickup, it will be alright. I also drew out the pattern for the new lower longer pickup on paper. I’ll need to add the offsets for the router plate.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I worked on the bridge ground bar in nickle, tried to solder one but it melted. I’m using pieces of Sky’s old bracelet stock, nice wire flat on the bottom. Hard silver solder is delicate. I have another piece and have cut the bridge to inlay it. Half way in, I’ve modified an Exacto knife for the rounded ends. I botched a little tiny on one end, a few layers of super glue to cover, it will be alright. I’ll solder two wires, a short one and a long one to ground the strings to earth ground to avoid noise. That will secure the nickle inlay wire with the the string tension as well. I’ll finish it when I have better light tomorrow.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
1/24/2016
Today I finished the inlay of the ground wire. I tried to hard solder it again, no luck, another melt down and not sticking well enough. Finally I used another piece and lead tin soldered it, just one wire to ground it, the inlay and string tension will hold it in place. I drilled the #58 hole through the rosewood bridge for the wire. I also re laid out the upper humbuckers in pencil and trimmed the router pattern down to get close enough to the fret board. Once I get the long pickup pattern made I’ll cut it in before I attach the bridge for clearance. I may need to add a little support wood pieces to hold the upper pickups in place as I’ve already routed out the back cavities. The long one has plenty of stock as I left some in for it.
I cooked a batch of broccoli cheese soup for lunches next week, onions and butter, celery, garlic, garden herbs, then flour for rue. Heavy cream a little at a time, thick, white wine, added O chicken broth to thin it some. Meanwhile the broccoli smaller stems and trimmed large broccoli heart steamed, added in, (steam the florets back) then blendered smooth. Back in the pan medium low heat with more chicken stock and add TJ’s Unexpected Cheddar small chopped cubes stirring constantly to incorporate. Add in the mostly steamed florets and reduce the heat to low as the broccoli cooks to perfection in the cheese broth. This is good soup, served with a half a bagget to dunk.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s