I talked to Darin about the counter, he recommended 3M 77 spray contact adhesive to stick it down. He suggested we line it up with sticks under it (me, we can use the sink cut out area), and pull the sticks to lower it gradually into place. We won’t need to glue the edges, though thinking some calk there would be good as it settles down to seal it, wipe it off flush. Thinking I can sand a slight bevel on the bottom of the plywood as its a bit shy on the metal bend, really close but it’ll be fine. Also, where I was concerned about the stove back counter block and side panel, that’s not an issue as the SS counter will be above that and no problem. Does that make sense? The counter sits above the frame so no interference. I may need to trim that back stove shelf to account for the extra metal, lets see how it fits. Here’s a pic of it in the garage, nice.
I forgot to mention, we can use the adhesive on all the other counter tops too, Formica or steel, just need to keep the nozzle clean.
Well we got quit a bit done today. Raven arrived as I was waking up late,(swing shift does that), with coffee, cool. She worked on the paint details as I removed the service counter uprights from below as the counter is loose and cut the additional lower rabbet grooves 6″ up for the cabinet doors. I cut the horizontal to fit from new stock using the upper one as a guide and screwed the uprights back in, I’ll get the horizontals attached later. We did lunch, provolone sandwiches with tomato and stuff, tasty.
Time to suit up for insulation, bags on our feet taped, full bunny suits with hoods, masks and chem goggles (no holes) over that (hood first, then the face gear). Gloves masking taped and sleeves taped over that. The masking tape wasn’t enough, duct tape, a bit of extra tape on the forehead and collar, sealed tight. The bunny suits breath better than the slicker last week, much cooler but still hot.
The vinyl gloves didn’t like the duct tape, tore out, put on another pair. I took measurements and cut the insulation on a door blank as Raven stapled and duct taped it in. I had two tape measures one inside, one out, but kept forgetting to leave the one in. Got all the walls done, ceiling needs more, another roll of insulation and 2 sheets of paneling, next week.
We started installing the paneling, oh no, the front center needs an upright below the window and a couple horizontals by the door to keep it flush with the counters. I cut them on the table saw and installed them as Raven tacked up panels. The front panel corners were difficult to install as the slats I added were short on screws, kept flexing with the hammer blows but went in eventually. Getting way hot and uncomfortable in the suits. Time to quit.
The walls are insulated, ceiling next, more panel to cut for that and finish installing the wall panels. It’ll be tight, warm and cool.
So on Sunday I raised the tanks 4 1/2 ” to clear the trailer jack, plugged the holes with dowels, good, it works. I also cut the panels where the table/bed will be, had enough to cover it all the way down, though the last 11″ on the D side is vertical but won’t be seen behind the bench.
I made a bracket tonight at work for the regulator to fit over the center batten. It’s a little crude as the second bends out wouldn’t fit the brake, did them in the vice with a couple crescent wrenches to make the bend, that works. Checked it when I got home, it fits OK, with 2 holes to secure the regulator and 4 more to tie it to the wall. The screws that came with it are pan head, not flat, may dig for some or put a couple shallow holes in the batten but it’ll work. The gas system is nearly done as the hoses came in last night, though we’ll need a ball valve from the salvage yard for the water heater but can use a cap for now. Besides, that’s plumbing, yet to do.